Karim Benzema rejoins Real Madrid's training sessions.

Karim Benzema, the captain of Real Madrid, resumed training on Wednesday after missing the previous several weeks due to injury. He is eager to play immediately when Los Blancos meet Osasuna in La Liga on Sunday.

In his first six games of the new season, Benzema scored four goals, but he hasn't played since being substituted during Real's Champions League victory over Celtic earlier this month.

"I've worked out a lot physically. I didn't even touch the ball. My first practice was today, he told RealMadrid.com.

"These days, I worked on my strength and ran a lot inside the gym. I did home workouts as well. I didn't have a lot of time to complete a solid preseason because I got here a bit late after the holidays. I did it now because of it, and I feel great.

"I'm glad to be working with the team again. I had time to do a preseason after some time had gone. I'm in great, cozy shape. I'd like to compete on Sunday."

Real have preserved a perfect start to the season despite Benzema's absence. The team led by Carlo Ancelotti has won every game they have played thus far, leading Barcelona by two points in La Liga, dominating the group stage of the Champions League, and winning the UEFA Super Cup.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form