Tite, the manager of Brazil, accuses Tunisia of attempting to keep Neymar out of the World Cup.


Tite, Brazil's coach, has accused Tunisia of attempting to keep Neymar out of the World Cup by taking an unnecessarily aggressive approach to the striker.

The Selecao won the friendly 5-1 in Paris, and Richarlison was exposed to horrible racial insults from the Parisian fans. In the first half, Neymar scored from the penalty spot.

Although Tite's team committed more than twice as many fouls (15), Neymar was the victim of over half of Tunisia's total fouls (7) over the course of 90 minutes.

"We knew it would be competitive on the pitch," Tite told Marca. "Fair enough, but I never imagined a situation like what happened with Neymar, in which an attempt was made to remove a player from the World Cup. I couldn't have imagined how it was done."

Neymar himself showed his displeasure, even arguing it was unfair that he was shown a yellow card during the game while one foul on him in particular went unpunished.

"To be honest, that bothers me. I even spoke with Tite. I committed my first offense and received a yellow card. In the second half, I was fouled, preventing a counterattack, but he did not receive a yellow card. It's challenging, "The PSG star elaborated.

"I don't understand these things," he said, "but the World Cup began with this match [laughter]." The Tunisian players went a little overboard with the wild crowd. They had a fantastic party, but they went a little too far in terms of forcefulness."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form